Communication is the process of expressing one's thoughts and opinions to others. Communication plays an essential part in our life. Without communication, there will be nothing. Communication is continuous and dynamic.
How many types of communication are there?
● With ourselves (Intrapersonal)
● One-to-one communication(Interpersonal)
● Communication in a group
● The last one is Mass communication
In this article, we will discuss One-to-one communication, which happens when an individual speaks with or writes to another person.
One-to-one communication also happens when professionals from any field or anyone encounter and talk to each other or with partners(personally or individually), relatives, or friends of people. The basic principle behind One-to-one communication is that it only happens between two people through any medium.
How should a person should start One-to-one communication
● Starting the interaction with a warm, generous, and relaxed greeting
● Concentrating on the purpose of the interchange
● Always try to end the interaction helpfully and positively
Effective communication and interaction are very important in the professional field.
The Voice and Accent
impact the most while communicating in English. No matter how knowledgeable you are, if you do not communicate properly, it all goes to vein. People start judging if your accent is not good.
What are Voice and Accent?
Voice is the way you speak or sound created in the larynx and emitted through the mouth, and the accent is how you sound when speaking.
How to identify you have a bad accent?
● Most non-native English speakers have MTI(Mother tongue influence). For example, a US citizen will speak differently from an Indian citizen because the US is a native English language country and India is not.
● You can ask your friends who have good English speaking skills
● You can join a Voice and accent training and get advice from the experts
How to improve Accent and Voice?
● Always try to open and move your mouth while you are speaking English. Many non-native speakers forget this thing while speaking
● Speak slowly and loudly
● While speaking listen carefully to yourself and while listening observe others
● You will have to spend time improving your pronunciation.
If this isn't working for you then go for a voice and accent training. Voice and accent training has helped numerous people. So just find the best Voice and accent training for yourself.
How Voice and Accent training will help you?
● During the Voice and accent training, you will come to know about the basic concepts of the English alphabet
● Training will help in enhancing overall communication skills
● You can ask about your improvements and mistakes from your mentors
● Mentors will tell you about tips and tricks to improve your mistakes
● Enrich your vocabulary and grammar
In this blog, we have informed you about the importance of One-to-one communication and how voice and accent affect the communication process.
We have also highlighted a few tips to improve your voice and accent and how training can help you improve your communication skills. And if you have more questions regarding the same, please write them in the comment box.